The library has an extensive range of print and electronic resources to support evidence-based practice and clinical decision making.
To access our extensive book collection please search the library catalogue or visit the library to browse our shelves.
The library has a range of eResources selected to support you with your study, work and research.
To access our online resources please ensure you register for an Athens account which gives you access to a range of resources designed to support your study and work-based needs. Your Athens account allows you to access our resources from within the Trust, from home and on the go. Visit: https://openathens.nice.org.uk/
Some of our key eResources include:
- ClinicalKey – a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. It includes clinical videos, topic pages on more than 1,400 disease conditions as well as access to images and the latest editions of many key Elsevier eBooks and journals.
- AnatomyTV – Interactive 3D images, models and animations of the human body.
- DynaMed – an evidence-based, point of care tool which guides the user through the clinical workflow. DynaMed also includes thousands of images and users can register for important updates on various illnesses and diseases.
- BMJ Best Practice – takes you quickly and accurately to the latest evidence based information, whenever and wherever you need it. Whether you’re on the ward, at home, or studying, BMJ Best Practice gives you trusted support to help you gather the information required to support clinical decision making. Information on BMJ is linked to NICE and other guideline producers and the site is easy to navigate with a layout that is broken down into manageable sections including: prevention, diagnosis and treatment. You can also download the BMJ Best Practice app for your phone which can be used offline and earn CPD points.
- We also subscribe to BMJ Case Reports, BMJ Open Quality and BMJ Learning
- Online journal collection – the library subscribes to an array of journal titles with the vast majority of the collection now available online (a limited print journal collection is available in the library). Select ‘Journals A-Z search’ on Athens to find titles we subscribe to and ‘HDAS’ for literature searching of ten databases including MEDLINE, EMBASE and CINAHL Complete.
UHB Libraries also subscribes to:
- Medical Masterclass – the most comprehensive resource to prepare you for the MRCP(UK) exam. It is a revision package from the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) designed to help doctors worldwide prepare for all three parts of the MRCP(UK) examination. To register, please contact your site library who will set you up with an account accessible for three months (speak to staff if you need to renew).