The library has an extensive range of print and electronic resources to support evidence-based practice and clinical decision making.
To access our extensive book collection please visit the library catalogue at: https://www.base-library.nhs.uk/ or visit the library to browse our shelves.
The library has a range of eResources selected to support you with your study, work and research.
Some of our key eResources include:
- ClinicalKey – a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. It includes clinical videos, topic pages on more than 1,400 disease conditions as well as access to the latest editions of many key Elsevier eBooks and journals.
- Medical Masterclass – the most comprehensive resource to prepare you for the MRCP(UK) exam. It is a revision package from the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) designed to help doctors worldwide prepare for all three parts of the MRCP(UK) examination.
- Intensive Care Monitor – Searches across the literature with no limit to the number of journals, looking for randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews and meta-analyses which impact on Intensive Care giving staff the confidence of knowing they are keeping up with the evidence-based literature.
- BMJ Best Practice – takes you quickly and accurately to the latest evidence based information, whenever and wherever you need it. Whether you’re on the ward, at home, or studying, BMJ Best Practice gives you trusted support to help you gather the information required to support clinical decision making. Information on BMJ is linked to NICE and other guideline producers and the site is easy to navigate with a layout that is broken down into manageable sections, including: prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ebook Central – If you need credible content from authoritative, scholarly sources Ebook Central delivers, with breadth and depth of ebooks from scholarly sources, including University Presses and other top publishers.
- Online journal collection – the library subscribes to an array of journal titles with the vast majority of the collection now available online (a limited print journal collection is available in the library). Please register for an Athens account and explore the journal collection here.
To access our online resources please ensure you register for an Athens account which gives you access to a range of resources designed to support your study and work-based needs. https://openathens.nice.org.uk/