We offer free training courses to enable staff and students on placement develop skills to support CPD, research, evidence based practice and more. There are regular scheduled training sessions held at Moseley Hall Hospital, or we can arrange group or one-to-one sessions at various locations.
Browse dates and details of our Information Skill Training 2019.
Courses on Offer
- Assignment support: Tailored support for individual assignments.
- The Cochrane Library: Introduction to searching across the seven databases in The Cochrane Library.
- Critical Appraisal: Developing the ability to assess the quality of published evidence
- Library Induction: Introduction to services, resources and facilities available from the Library.
- Referencing on Mendeley: Introduction to methods for managing references on Mendeley Referencing Software.
- Reflective writing: Harnessing skills to complete pieces of written reflection for use in CPD or revalidation.
- Searching Healthcare Databases: Introduction to healthcare databases and functions for carrying out simple and advanced searching
- Quality Information on the Internet: Introduction to key healthcare websites and gaining hands-on experience using them.
How to Book
To discuss your requirements or book a place on a training course contact our Library Skills Trainer, Kate Jones, on 0121 466 6282, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) works in partnership with the NHS and professional bodies to support patient care by providing e-learning to educate and train the health and social care workforce.
Access all Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare programmes at http://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/account/logon with your NHS OpenAthens account. There are also modules on how to search the literature effectively accessible at https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/literature-searching/. Login with your NHS OpenAthens account to ensure your learning activity is recorded.
The library is very happy to support all Journal Clubs at BCHC. We can help you with setting up a new club, support existing clubs and we offer critical appraisal or evidence based training for members.
We also have a particular interest in learning what format of journal club works best for you and your team. With this in mind, we have prepared a database recording details of all the existing journal clubs in the Trusts. Please contact us if your club is not included in the database or if the information is not correct.